Flexible coding course for beginners
If you are new to coding and you want to get an overview of web development, this is the right course for you.
Learning by doing
Every third week you will get a bundle with course material including video lectures, readings and a project brief and practices. You have full creative freedom, create what suits your needs.
The course is based online so that you can follow whenever you have time and get in touch anytime through our slack channel.
If you want you can meet up with the community at Stripped Pizza each Saturday, 12th September – 28th November 2020, from 09:00 until 11:30. During these meetings you get further inputs on programming topics and can discuss your questions if you prefer to do that in person.
- 🏝️ Online platform
- 👩🏫 In-person support by experienced coaches
- 👩👩👧 Community meet-ups in Zurich, Basel & St.Gallen
- 📚 Workload: ~ 5 h/week
- ✨ Recorded lectures
- 🇬🇧 The course is in English & we talk Swiss-German🇨🇭
- 🎨 Creative toolkit
- 🛎️ Help in Slack
- 🤸 Extra practices
- 👩💻 Code reviews
- ☕ Endless Coffee
What you will learn
- How to structure content on webpages using HTML
- How to style webpages using CSS
- How to build responsive webpages for mobile, tablet and desktop
- How to add forms to your webpages and what a request is
- Development tools such as Github, VS Code, Netlify, the terminal and more
- Build one project over three weeks. This will then be reviewed by a coach.
- Triweekly course bundle. Every third week you will get a bundle with new course material to build creative web projects
- Weekly knowledge sharing session. Meet weekly to share knowledge, demo your projects and code together.
- Get support from our community. Join our community of hundreds other people that are learning how to code. Ask for help in our slack channel or meet up in-person in Zurich, Basel and St.Gallen.
Detailed Course Content
Your own portfolio
To start off your new programming hobby you need a portfolio to gather all your projects in. Let’s build one together.
- How to structure webpages with HTML
- How to style webpages using CSS
- How to use Github and VS Code
- How to publish your website
Newspaper for mobile, tablet and desktop
Your second project will be to build something that most of us use everyday – a newspaper! The best thing is that it will work great for both mobile, tablet and desktop.
- Understanding of the box model
- How to make layouts using Flexbox
- Responsive design using media queries
- How to use Chrome dev tools
Company webpage with signup form
It’s time to flex our code muscles and build a classic single-page site with a signup form. The page will also be responsive and work well for mobile and tablet.
- How the internet works
- How to use HTML forms and simple requests
Food ordering bot
Frequently Asked Questions
Register for the frontend course
Dank Code Excursion habe ich in einer sehr angenehmen Lernumgebung das Programmieren einer Webseite gelernt. Vorgängig hatte ich sozusagen kein Wissen darüber, was sich unterdessen geändert hat. Der Front-End Kurs in St.Gallen ist daher wirklich empfehlenswert. Die Treffen werden von einem motivierten und inspirierenden Team organisiert.manuela, leader of marketing & events
I loved being part of Code Excursion in St.Gallen these past months. It‘s a great community of women who motivated me to start learning to code, helped me with any problems along the way and made my Saturday mornings full of interesting conversations, self-development and of course great coffee. I can totally recommend it to anyone wanting to start coding while enjoying great company with other inspiring women!muriel, book author & international law student
Beste Erfahrung mal reinzuschnuppern in diese für mich total neue Welt. Perfekt um Leute kennen zu lernen, welche gleich denken, gleich weiterschauen und vor allem gleiches oder ähnliches erreichen wollen und können!! Super nice und immer aufgestelltes Team und mit super zentraler Location. Auch neben der offiziellen Lernstunden immer für Fragen und Antworten und Hilfe da! Danke Céline & Corina!coco, vegan food lover & teacher in the making